- An object that defines the details of your Account, including privileges, purchased options, and Message limits. Resellers have sub-accounts which they assign to customers.
- Account Owner
- The User who has administrative access to the Account.
- An activated Contact receives Messages from the system. Its
is_activeField is set to 1.
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- The library of routines and objects that your system uses to share data with third party systems and to perform internal operations.
- API Key
- A code that is generated for you that enables you to access the API. The API Key is always the first parameter in a method call.
- API Server
- The server that processes API calls and sends API requests.
- API Client Libraries
- XML-RPC or JSON-RPC implementations that call API methods.
- Associative Array
An array made up of key => value pairs. In an associative array, the key remains constant, but the value may change. All object arrays in the system are associative arrays and therefore contain data in a Field => value format (where Field is the key) as shown in the following Batch array
`array (array ('list_id' => '1234567', 'type' => 'contacts', 'contact_list' => array(2), 'time' => 'now'))`
For more information about Associative Arrays, see Basic Structure of the JSON-RPC API.
- A Message configured to be sent automatically to one or more Contacts when a particular event occurs. For example, you may configure a thank you Autoresponder to be sent to a Contact after the Contact subscribes to your site.
- An object whose definition includes a Message, the recipients' Email or SMS addresses, and instructions for sending the Message. The Batch Message is sent to its recipients at a scheduled or optimal time.
- A bounced Message gets through an Email or SMS server but cannot reach the address.
- An object that defines a group of related steps. Each step includes rules that specify when a system event causes the system to send a particular Message to a specified User.
- Click Through Rate (CTR)
- For a group of Messages delivered, the amount of times recipients have clicked links within the Messages.
- A Contact's verification of a subscription request. The Contact clicks a link in a Message to verify that they have subscribed to your website. Also called Double Opt In.
- An object specifying the unique ID and Email address of an individual in your system. All Contacts are stored in Lists, and you may add any Fields from the List to the Contact record.
- Contact List
- An object consisting of an array that includes one or more Contacts in your Account. Usually Lists include Contacts of a similar category or function, such as NSW Region or Newsletter Subscriber.
- A deactivated Contact does not receive Messages from the system; however; it is not unsubscribed and does not appear on the Unsubscriber List. When a Contact is deactivated, its
is_activeField is set to 0.
The system automatically deactivates a Contact if Messages sent to it bounce 3 subsequent times because its Mail address is non-existent or disabled. You can deactivate a Contact at any time.
- The data held in an object's Fields. We refer to the object information that a method returns as a detail array.
- Double Opt In
- see Confirm
- A Contact with the same Email or SMS Address as another Contact.
- An object defining a Message sent electronically over a computer network.
- An object defining one piece of data in a List or Contact. For example First Name.
- An object that defines Images or documents that are stored in the system.
- An object representing a Container for Lists, Messages, or Files. Folders enable you to group objects into categories. For example, you could have a Folder for image Files named Images and a Folder for document Files named Documents.
- Implementation (for XML-RPC or JSON-RPC):
- A set of XML-RPC or JSON-RPC functions in a programming language, such as PHP or Java. An implementation enables you to create the XML-RPC or JSON-RPC clients that call the functions as well as the servers that execute them.
- One of the protocols that is used to transfer data between your internal and external systems. You can also use XML-RPC.
- Library (for XML-RPC or JSON-RPC)
- The set of XML-RPC or JSON-RPC functions that are part of a particular implementation.
List (see Contact List)
- An Email or SMS (text message) object.
- Multidimensional Array
- An array that contains one or more additional arrays. See Basic Structure of the JSON-RPC API for more information.
- A Message sent to inform a User or Contact that a certain event has occurred such as a Subscriber confirmation.
- Item type in the system defined by:
- an array of Fields
- one or more API Methods that can perform operations on it.
- For example, Lists, Contacts, and Messages are types of objects.
When an item of an object type is created it is an instance of the object. For example, Lists and Contacts are types of objects, but the Loyal Customer List and Contact 147 are instances of objects.
- Object Array
- An associative array of Field=>value pairs that define an instance of an object. Some object arrays are multidimesional and others are singlular. See Basic Structure of the JSON-RPC API for more information about types of arrays that define objects.
- Computer language that the implementations of XML-RPC and JSON-RPC examples in this documentation use. For information about PHP see https://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
- Previously Unsubscribed
- All Contacts on the Unsubscriber List, both those who have been resubscribed and those who are still unsubscribed.
- A set of rules and formats that define a method of transferring digital data between two systems so they can share information. Your system uses the protocols XML-RPC and JSON-RPC to transfer information.
- Reverse a Contact's deactivated state. Reactivating a Contact changes the value of its
is_activeField from 0 to 1 and enables the Contact to receive Messages again.
- A call from a client in XML-RPC or JSON-RPC that asks your system to return information or to perform a task.
- The data that your system sends through XML-RPC or JSON-RPC. The data may be requested information or a value indicating that its attempt to execute the request was successful or failed.
- Company that that sells sub-accounts of our product.
- Change an unsubscribed Contact's status so it is subscribed to its List again. The Contact remains on the Unsubscriber List.
- Search Array
- An array the specifies search criteria in a method that can perform a search. Search arrays are multidimensional and the array(s) they contain appear in the format:
(array(field name, relational operator, value)For example:
(array(estatement, not, 1)For more information, see Using Search Methods
- Search Criteria
- Conditional statements for selecting records to use in a method. See Search Array, above, for the format of search criteria in a method.
- Single Object Array
- An object array that is not a container of arrays. For example, List objects are single object arrays.
- A text message transmitted to a mobile device.
- Information that shows Contacts' responses to Messages. For example, 10 Contacts left the Message unopened, and 15 Contacts clicked a link it it.
- Used by resellers only. An Account that you create for a customer when you are logged into your Account. You have access to the sub-Account and can change its privileges and deactivate it.
- Register to receive Messages from a List (most likely through a website).
- One of a List's Contacts who is able to receive Messages.
- Trial Account
- A free Account that is active for a specified amount of time.
- An event that causes an Autoresponder or Campaign Message to be sent.
- Remove a Contact's subscription to a specific List (unsubscribe by Contact ID) or remove a Contact's subscription to all Lists in the system (unsubscribe by Email/SMS address.) Once unsubscribed the Contact remains on the Lists it is unsubscribed from but does not receive messages sent to the Lists.
In addition, once unsubscribed, a Contact is placed on the Unsubscriber List. By default, if a Contact appears on this List, the Contact is not reuploaded; however, you can change this setting.
You can unsbuscribe Contacts or they can unsubscribe themselves.
- A Contact who is no longer subscribed to to a specific List or is no longer subscribed to all Lists in the system. Unsubscribed Contacts remain on their Lists but do not receive Messages sent to the Lists and appear on the Unsubscriber List, which prevents them, by default, from being reuploaded into the system.
- Unsubscriber List
- A list of Contacts who have been unsubscribed from any Lists in the system. Some of these Contacts may be resubscribed to the system, but they remain on the Unsubscriber List. By default, Contacts on the Unsubscriber List are not re-uploaded.The only way to remove a Contact from the Unsubscriber List is through the user interface.
- An object defining an individual who has access to one or more Accounts or sub-Accounts.
- User Account
- See User.